Custodian is a community-focused software platform and app built specifically for car enthusiasts. The platform makes owning a specialist car easier and allows our users to focus on what's important - enjoying their cars!
Custodian provides the automotive community with helpful ownership tooling to look after their car(s), including embedded insurance, digital history files, invoice and cost tracking, image storage, car information sharing, reminders and more. The platform also includes a leading automotive podcast and publication (The Apex), several social features for car lovers and coming soon will be a marketplace.
We started Custodian two years ago bringing together top talent from the tech, automotive, finance, and marketing spaces. Since then Custodian has amassed over £150M worth of cars on the platform being managed by 4,500+ enthusiast owners. Our podcast and publication, The Apex, has also accumulated a following of over 22k die-hard automotive fans. We’re backed by some big names in the Venture Capital and Angel investing space and are well positioned to take our business to Series A in the next two years.
We hire globally, but given our initial marketing efforts are focused on the UK car community and its associated automotive events, we have a preference for people based in the UK.
Our Team & Culture
We’re a team of petrolheads, engineers, and marketers in London, Poland, India, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. We are all very passionate people - we love what we do, and each of us strives to be the best in our respective field. We’re product led as an organisation and all operate with deep care for our users and the automotive industry as a whole.
You’ll be working directly with the three co-founders - Charles Clegg, lifelong car enthusiast, historic racer and ex-investment banker; Jeremy Hindle, exceptional serial tech entrepreneur, Forbes Under 30 and YC Alumni; and Nathalia Rus, stellar multi-talented engineer also known as @yeahgirlscode. Extended members of the team also include, Shayan Bokaie, an ex-Partner at Petrolicious (one of the most popular lifestyle-automotive media platforms in the world), and Marcus Cronan with 25 years Advertising Agency experience along with an incredible team of other passionate individuals.
Custodian is looking for a passionate Digital Marketing Manager to work directly with the Co-Founders and Head of Marketing and take responsibility for strategically devising and executing new campaigns to be used in online advertising, digital marketing, our social media channels and our publication/podcast, The Apex. Someone to help give our brand a voice. We’re not just looking for an operator, but someone to bring ideas and good energy to the Custodian team.
We expect that the candidate will be proficient on Meta platforms (Facebook and Instagram) and Google Adwords, with strong analytical acumen to identify optimal performance of creative work. Being handy behind the camera lens and with design would be helpful. Ideally we would also love someone with an interest in the automotive world, as we will be sending you out to capture some of the UK’s best automotive events with our very creative in-house videographer - providing unique access to the world’s coolest cars, workshops and race meetings!
You Will Do
- Weekly Planning, Scheduling and Posting of all content on social media.
- Understanding of what the Custodian brand stands for, how to curate content that brings value to our followers, mention our product in an organic way and is in line with Meta’s ever changing algorithm.
- Strategy, Analysis and Reporting of all paid campaigns on Meta and Google Adwords.
- A strong knowledge of Meta (Facebook & Instagram) and Google Adwords is needed with sufficient analytical skills to be able to report to the team, on a weekly basis, in a comprehensive and simplified manner.
- Conceptualize marketing campaigns and coordinating efforts to bring those campaigns to completion for execution.
- Strong understanding of ads packaging and deliverable requirements. Be the driving force of conceptualizing and executing the creative process. Coordinate with in-house content creators & freelancers to bring concepts to actual campaigns that will run on all our media platforms.
- Understanding of Custodian’s customer centric vision and proactivity work towards business development and launching new product features.
- Propose new strategies and actions that can lead to greater user acquisition. The role is to not only execute on current tasks but find disruptive and innovative ways to drive user acquisition & engagement.
- Prepare & launch Email Marketing campaigns for each of our product feature launches and maintain our community outreach programme.
- Strong English skills to draft email campaigns for each of our product features launches with the right tone and intent. Design experience is a plus to create the creatives needed within the emails.
- Strong interpersonal skills to act as a Custodian brand ambassador wherever necessary.
- Whether it is at car events or when meeting new potential partners for Custodian, it is again important to understand what Custodian stands for and represent the brand accordingly and the benefits we deliver for our customers.
- Strong knowledge of the UK collectable car community.
- Custodian is built for car enthusiasts. As such, the Marketing Manager should have a deep understanding of the UK Car Community, influencers, dealers and events to know how best to address each of them and how Custodian can be an integral part of these communities.
- Be comfortable in working on things you haven’t done before. Be eager to learn and help everywhere you can alongside a brilliant team.
- You love cars!
- Have an understanding of the UK car community and the different car events and car enthusiasts communities.
- Custodian is built for car enthusiasts. As such, the Marketing Manager should have a deep understanding of the UK Car Community, influencers, dealers and events (i.e. Goodwood, Caffeine & Machine, Concours events) to know how best to address each of them and how Custodian can be an integral part of these communities.
- Experience working in a growing startup environment would be great, but not a must.
- Having worked in an Advertising/Marketing Agency would be useful
- You have a driving license so you can attend and be involved in car events.
We would love to meet you if
- You want to help build an incredible community of passionate car enthusiasts and improve the way the car community engages online.
- You want to be a key part of growing a great company with great people.
- You believe it's better to work with small numbers of awesome people than large numbers of average people.
- Join an experienced, highly motivated and fast-moving team, with all code written in-house by world-class developers.
- Unique access to the world’s coolest cars, workshops and race meetings.
- An exciting role in a venture capital-backed, fast-growing start-up.
- Flexible working – we use Integrity’s Discord servers to collaborate and our offices are right next to Queens Club, London.
- Regular team off-sites.
- We're adding more benefits as we grow as a company. We’re just getting started!
Interested? Excited? Pumped? Hit that Apply Now button!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
If you're unable to apply using the form linked above, please send an email to email@example.com and be sure to include the job title in the subject so that we can filter it correctly please!