Hello and thank you for taking the time to check out our Go Software Engineering role. Custodian is an investor backed, early stage company, with a team of entrepreneurs and engineers with a strong track record (multiple exits, YC, Forbes 30u30 etc) and is about to launch their platform publicly. We’re excited to find our next team member. Ideally we are looking for someone who is looking for a challenge, opportunities to grow, and wants to be a future leader at a high growth technology company with world class software engineers. Hopefully that's you!
What is Custodian?
Based in London, our startup was founded in 2019 and since then we have grown a large influential following in the automotive space around The Apex (22,000 subs strong) all whilst building our platform under an invite only system (Alpha + Beta).
The Custodian team is focused on one mission: taking the pain out of ownership. We’re starting with collectible cars, but in the future we plan to make ownership easy across all collectable assets: boats, planes, watches, wine, musical instruments, art… stamps?!
We’re in private beta at the moment with our public launch in the next couple of months... and we have a roadmap which is too long!
Who are Custodian?
Our team is made up of engineers, petrolheads and can-do-ers spread across London, Spain, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. We are all very passionate people - we love what we do, and each of us strives to be the best in our respective field and we’re looking for more people who think our journey sounds exciting.
Our founders are:
- Jeremy, a serial technical founder and software engineer who's built businesses across the computer games, real-estate, hr-tech industries over the last decade. He is a YC alumni, Forbes 30 under 30 winner and has a passion for mentoring.
- Nathalia, a self-taught, ex-Goldmanite and named 16th in the 2018 JP Morgan Future 100, she can be found giving talks on her expertise in Typescript & Atomic design, creating on @yeahgirlscode, and mentoring for STEM programs such as at the Boeing Summer Coding School - and of course, coding away to build Custodian.
- Charles, a lifelong petrolhead and historic racer. Formerly an investment banker at BofA Merrill Lynch, he subsequently worked in Venture Capital before taking the full plunge into entrepreneurial life in the automotive space.
Custodian is a technology-first company and as such we will always be on the lookout for the best technologies available to use: we do not shy away from challenges, and bold choices. We like to work with engineers who are ambitious with their learning and personal growth and like to help others achieve the same.
We would love to meet you if
- You want to build something incredible and change the way an industry works.
- You’re excited at the idea of making multiple collectable industries operate more efficiently (cars, boats, planes, instruments, wine).
- You're a problem solver who enjoys figuring out which problems to solve as much as actually solving them.
- You like to learn and adopt new technologies. Learning to build things should be fun and rewarding for you.
- You want to be a key part of growing a great company with great people.
We're looking for an ambitious engineer who wants to work with Go and DGraph to create the spine for all collectibles in the world (and perhaps beyond!).
- Build flexible and resilient APIs and microservices in Go that allow our users to have the best collection management experience in the world.
- Proactively identify solutions to problems in our tech stack before they impact our users.
- Engage regularly in pair programming with founders and team members in order to upskill one another.
- Offer mentorship and help with onboarding of new engineers as we grow.
- Practice day-to-day ownership and user experience focused on all aspects of our products.
- Built an application in production before.
- Have a good understanding of all aspects of Go by Example and Effective Go.
- Experience writing quality software in one or more of the following languages: Go, Typescript, Rust.
- Experience designing, building, testing, and supporting backend services.
- You actively participate in developer communities and love giving back to other engineers.
- Knowledge of AWS services and orchestration using Terraform
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Our Tech Stack
Some languages and tools we use. We’re a polyglot company where Engineers have a lot of flexibility in what they work on and learn over time.
- go-chi, dgo, fasttemplate, testify, (almost everything else is just plain Go).
- React, Redux, Styled Components, Jest, Cypress
- Terraform for AWS Orchestration
- NodeJS (Ghost)
- Working alongside world class engineers and founders.
- Unique access to the world’s coolest cars, workshops and race meetings
- Full Development Setup (obviously)
- You get to become part of Integrity and its close-knit community of top end engineers and entrepreneurs.
- Flexible working – we use Integrity’s Discord servers to collaborate
- Shares and Options are available
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Regular team off-sites
- We're adding more benefits as we grow as a company. Shortlisted at the moment is a budget to get your home work space regularly cleaned for remote staff!
Interested? Excited? Pumped? Hit that Apply Now button!
Looking forward to hearing from you!