Custodian is a community-focused software platform and app built specifically for car enthusiasts. The platform makes owning a specialist car easier and allows our users to focus on what's important - enjoying their cars!
Custodian provides the automotive community with helpful ownership tooling to look after their car(s), including embedded insurance, digital history files, invoice and cost tracking, image storage, car information sharing, reminders and more. The platform also includes a leading automotive podcast and publication (The Apex), several social features for car lovers and coming soon will be a marketplace.
We started Custodian two years ago bringing together top talent from the tech, automotive, finance, and marketing spaces. Since then Custodian has amassed over £100M worth of cars on the platform being managed by 3,000+ enthusiast owners. Our podcast and publication, The Apex, has also accumulated a following of over 22k die-hard automotive fans. We’re backed by some big names in the Venture Capital and Angel investing space and are well positioned to take our business to Series A in the next two years.
We hire globally, but given our initial marketing efforts are focused on the UK car community and its associated automotive events, we have a preference for people based in the UK.
Our Team & Culture
We’re a team of petrolheads, engineers, and marketers in London, Spain, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. We are all very passionate people - we love what we do, and each of us strives to be the best in our respective field. We’re product led as an organisation and all operate with deep care for our users and the automotive industry as a whole.
You’ll be working directly with the three co-founders - Charles Clegg, lifelong car enthusiast, historic racer and ex-investment banker; Jeremy Hindle, exceptional serial tech entrepreneur, Forbes Under 30 and YC Alumni; and Nathalia Rus, stellar multi-talented engineer also known as @yeahgirlscode. Extended members of the team also include, Shayan Bokaie, an ex-Partner at Petrolicious (one of the most popular automotive lifestyle media platforms in the world), and an incredible team of passionate individuals.
We're looking for an ambitious and passionate Head of Marketing to join our fast-growing, venture-backed tech start-up. They will be responsible for leading our marketing team and sculpting our cross-channel user acquisition strategy. Priorities will be growing the Custodian community and scaling the cars managed on the platform from £100M to multiple billions. This is a hands-on role for a pro-active marketer with strategic vision, experience in B2C SaaS/platforms, and a desire to help shape the future of the enthusiast communities, starting with cars and then other collectible assets.
- Lead and grow a small (but elite!) team of product marketing professionals.
- Set and execute on the marketing strategy across multiple channels, including digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, advertising, affiliate marketing, and other suitable avenues.
- Coordinate and execute on new feature launches and Go-To-Market activities.
- Build key messaging: translate product features into crisp, powerful benefits that resonate with our target car enthusiast audience and drive acquisition, adoption and retention.
- Create and coordinate marketing collateral (website pages, newsletters, magazine posts, videos, etc) and campaigns.
- Develop, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns post launch.
- Proven experience and expertise in leading a marketing team in an online-focused business, ideally SaaS/platforms.
- You have a results and data-oriented attitude with a solid understanding of relevant marketing channels and KPIs to measure the success of campaigns.
- Hands-on experience in creating and coordinating effective marketing materials and a highly creative mindset, visual and design approach.
- Passionate storyteller and copywriter: you are excited about creating compelling stories around Custodian’s features to best engage our users and the car enthusiast community who aren’t yet our users.
- Excellent communication skills, able to motivate, align and connect with the rest of the team and other stakeholders.
- You are a native English speaker or have a near native level.
- Great project management skills: coordinating between the development, insurance and business teams, being highly organised and managing different stakeholders is nothing new to you.
- An ability to turn Custodian features into an amazing showcase of values and benefits.
- You love cars!
- Have an understanding of the UK car community and the different car events and sub-cultures, i.e. Goodwood, Caffeine & Machine, Concours events etc.
- Experience working in a growing startup environment.
- You have a driving license so you can attend and be involved in car events.
We would love to meet you if
- You want to build an incredible community of passionate car enthusiasts and improve the way the car community engages online.
- You're a problem solver who enjoys figuring out which problems to solve as much as actually solving them.
- You want to be a key part of growing a great company with great people.
- You believe it's better to work with small numbers of awesome people than large numbers of average people.
- Join an experienced, highly motivated and fast-moving team, with all code written in-house by world-class developers.
- Unique access to the world’s coolest cars, workshops and race meetings.
- A competitive compensation package with Shares and Options available.
- A key leadership role in a venture capital-backed, fast-growing start-up.
- Flexible working – we use Integrity’s Discord servers to collaborate.
- Regular team off-sites.
- We're adding more benefits as we grow as a company. We’re just getting started!
Interested? Excited? Pumped? Hit that Apply Now button!
Looking forward to hearing from you!